tisdag 15 mars 2011

Going to Solva

Thursday February 24
Started at 4 pm driving from Varberg to Copenhagen. Had trouble checking in as I had booked the flight for March 24 not Feb 24 as it should be. Once in Manchester I rented a small car and fortunately also a GPS. I've never been to Wales so the roads where a bit of a surprise. The GPS helped me and after 5 hours of driving, half of it in the dark and raining, on narrow and narrowest roads I reached the small village of Solva.
With only a dozen or so houses in the village I had no problem finding the Williams House where the workshop would be and which was also my B&B. I hooked up with Paul who lives in Solva, working for a catamaran project and Rich from TreetoSea. They had been working all week to prepare for the workshop. Rounded of a long day of traveling with a ale in one of Solvas three pubs. Warm and cosy by the fire.
The workshop was held in the old lagerhouse which had latest housed a restaurant

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar